In a small village, a girl lives with her mother. The girl is very beautiful. Everyday she puts make-up and wears her best clothes. She doesn't like to help her mother work in a field.
In a small village, a girl lives with her mother. The girl is very beautiful. Everyday she puts make-up and wears her best clothes. She doesn't like to help her mother work in a field. The girl is very lazy. One day, the mother asks the girl to accompany her to go to the market to buy some food. At first the girl refuses, but the mother persuades her by saying they are going to buy new clothes. The girl finally agrees. But she asks her mother to walk behind her. She doesn't want to walk side by side with her mother. Although her mother is very sad, she agrees to walk behind her daughter. On the way to the market, everybody admires the girl's beauty. They are also curious. Behind the beautiful girl, there is an old woman with a simple dress. The girl and her mother look very different! "Hello, pretty lady. Who is the woman behind you?" asks them. "She is my servant," answers the girl. The mother is very sad, but she doesn't say anything. The girl and the mother meet other people. "Hello, beauty. Who is the woman behind you?" asks them again. Again the girl answers that her mother is her servant. She always says that her mother is her servant every time they meet people. At last, the mother cannot hold the pain anymore. She prays to God to punish her daughter. God answers her prayer. Slowly, the girl's leg turns into stone. The process continues to the upper part of the girl's body. The girl is very panicky. "Mother, please forgive me!" she cries and ask her mother to forgive her. But it's too late. Her whole body finally becomes a big stone. Until now people still can see tears falling down the stone. People then call it the crying stone or in Indonesian mean batu menangis. 1. What is the main idea of the story? 2. Who are the characters in the story? 3. What was the character of the daughter? 4. What did the mother ask the God to punish her daughter? 5. Tell about the moral value of the story 6. What is the final destiny of the daughter. terjemahkan bahasa Indonesia?
- The main idea of the story is about a beautiful but lazy girl who mistreats her mother and gets punished by God.
- The characters in the story are a girl and her mother.
- The daughter is very beautiful but also very lazy. She doesn't like to help her mother and treats her poorly.
- The mother asks God to punish her daughter because of how she mistreats her and claims that she is her servant to others.
- The moral value of the story is to teach respect and love towards parents, and to remind people that beauty is not everything. Laziness and mistreating others will lead to punishment.
- The final destiny of the daughter is that her entire body turns into a big stone, and people call it the crying stone or "batu menangis" in Indonesian.